Friday, January 15, 2010

5 months in!!


Dear Isaac!

    Can you believe you are almost 5 months old (Sunday)??? Crazy! 22 weeks and you STILL have not figured out how to sleep through the night!!! Oh my!! You have your good nites ( 2 to 3 hours of sleep at a time) and your Hell Nites (up every 20 minutes!) "They" keep telling me you will figure it out sooner or later...I am pretty sure it will be later! ruh-roh :( Oh well, at least we can use you for soup!
    Last week you had your first fever. Boy is that sad to see! I never thought I would miss your constant crabbiness until seeing you so blase'. We went to the doctor for a simple well visit on monday for a second opinion on your constant crying and the next day you spiked a fever! Wednesday we were back at the Dr but thankfully she said you were ok and just had a virus. I thought I would be  secretly relieved to have you sleep so much, but oddly I was not. You just didnt seem like yourself. By Thursday the fever was gone and crazy diarrhea set in.... that was AWFUL!  It has been a never ending carnival ride!
So now it is Friday and you have not got your appetite back! IF you dont hurry up and get back to "normal"soon you are going to drive your Noni...and me crazy!

    Of course after you got sick then Mommy got sick. Fortunately the bathrooms were close by at both Kohl's and Wegmans when I decided to "un-lunch" myself!  Luckily my bout with the flu was short-lived. But during my afternoon in bed (which was not nearly the afternoon of rest I had hoped for) I had my first real MOMMY A-HA! moment!! I cold hear my little man screaming downstairs as I lay up in quarantine and I did all I could to stay upstairs and not re-infect him! Finally, however,  I gave in when the wails turned to screams. With a scarf around my mouth I went downstairs and picked up my little screaming monster and at that very moment he let out the hugest sigh and fell asleep! My breath and body wreaked, my stomach was turning and every muscle ached but it was the greatest mommy moment ever! Knowing that My little Sir was crying for ME and wanting ME made me feel like a million bucks!! Now he just better get over this Mama's boy thing!

   When not sick, Daddy And I did have lots of fun traveling around PA exploring new areas! I cant believe I lived here for so long and havent seen so much! Monday we went to NYC with Uncle Ralphie. I love it there but Daddy was not as easily impressed! It is a little too congested for him....I guess you can take the boy out of the country but you cant take the country out of the boy! Hopefully Little man will get an appreciation of both the city and country from both of us!
    Next week we head back to Las Vegas. I say that with bittersweet emotions. I know your daddy is going a little stir crazy being in PA for so long and we both miss the dogs so much, but I do love being here, no matter how crazy your Nono may make me! I know I will be a mess when we leave - but not nearly as bad as Noni will be :) I know we will be back!

    Uncle Ronnie will be so surprised by how big you got when we get back! And I can't wait until he hears your new high pitched scream that you do so well! Good bye to his peaceful nights! Maybe Prada will help me with the late shift!

PS...Back off ladies....Sir Isaac scored himself an older woman! Sofia has claimed him all for her own! Way to go Isaac, what a hottie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment