Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tank Tu






Dear Baby I,

I have tried teaching you sign language for nearly a year to no avail. I have pleaded with you to say Mama when referring to ME for even longer! I have told you time and time again that NO means NO and Yes means Yes, yet everything always ends up being NO! But Ill be darned if my little monkey caught onto Please and Thank You within a day! Who would have thought my little devil was born with manners!
Its the cutest thing - everything is "tank tu" or "peas" - even things that dont even require a thank you or please! But Who am I to judge the extent of your manners? YOu can "tank tu" and "pease" me all day!
Last week brought about some unseasonably warm weather for Denver and some spring fever for all of us (although as I write this we are experiencing a "cold front"  - highs of -2 for the day and tomorrow and the "storm of the Century" on its way). We had plenty of outside time and even a trip to Red Rocks this weekend with Daddy! It was as picturesque and crowded as it could be! I guess everyone had a case of cabin fever! Nothing like a trip to the Red Rocks to make Mommy feel completely out of shape and in desperate need of a gym. Oh winter and Motherhood - why have you forsaken me!!!
Another big deal for you this week is your non stop need to say Hi and Bye to everyone you come in contact with! It is very cute - unless they do not say Hi or Bye back - then you pretty much assault  them until you get a response. It is very becoming.  But, I understand where you are coming from Little Man, how rude can you be to not say Hi or Bye to such a little cutie like you! Some People!!
I dont know exactly when it happened, but somewhere along the way "Mommy" kicked in this week. Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Honestly,  I have never been so smitten! Finally you look at ME and know I AM Mommy! I even had to laugh to myself when you started your late nite screaming for me. Normally it is just loud crying letting me know you are awake and no longer willing to sleep alone in your bed. But suddenly the cries turned into to Screams for MOMMY this week. Even in my complete groggy, half asleep shuffle to your room I had to smile unto myself. Even more so when I opened your door to see what all the screaming was about and you quickly said "oh, Hi" Again, if you weren't so stinkin cute kiddo!!
Although all was going well, your sleeping, has seem to take another nose dive this week. What happened kiddo?? We were doing so well! I think you even slept thru the night once or twice....Alas the tides have turned - AGAIN - and now you are like sleeping with a raging bull! It always starts out so promising too. You watch your Pajaminals Lullaby and then proceed to say "nite nite and bye" to every toy in the house - including all the pictures, the fridge, stove, table and chairs, etc. YOu go to bed with no qualms and then mid nite hits and the screaming starts. I have never witnessed such extreme restlessness as you when you are "asleep". Top of the bed, bottom of the bed, draped over me like you are in "downward dog" - it really cant be normal kiddo. I only wish I knew how to fix it! :(
Another thing that has fallen by the wayside recently is your restaurant etiquette. Oh my what happened there I do not know! What happened to the cute little baby boy who would sit in the high chair and play with his Puffs?? Now you are climbing on the table, throwing everything on the floor, grabbing from every one's plate - It's like trying to take Prada to a restaurant and have him sit in the booth! We cant be having this one kiddo! The food may not be that good in Denver - but we cant eat at home EVERY night!!
We are only days away from your second Super Bowl Sunday! Yeah!! Steelers vs Packers this year and we have Uncles Ronnie and Ralphie coming to watch the game! Yeah!! Now there will be four males in the house who dont give a rat's behind about the game! What is Mommy going to do with all of you non sports fans! Hopefully I will be able to sway you to the dark side once baseball season rolls around!
Well Mr. Monkey, you and your bff Sadie are fast asleep and mommy has lots of picking up to do! The mess you two can make in such a little bit of time never ceases to amaze me! Sleep tight Monkey Butt! Mommy loves you more than your little head can ever imagine! I am having so much fun watching you grow and learn - but you can ease up on how fast you are going! I want to savor this time forever!!
I love you Mr. Monkey!!
Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment